Six affordable Christmas gift ideas for broke high school students
High school kids are constantly broke. Nobody can afford anything, and when the Christmas season comes around, we’re left with a week and $20 to buy presents for all of our friends.
However, if you look at places like Target, Marshalls, or Walmart, you can find fun gifts that won’t clean out your wallet. Most of these stores sell lots of cute stocking stuffers to buy for friends, and Target even has a Christmas-themed dollar section.
Here are six easy, cheap Christmas gifts to get for your equally broke friends.
- Socks: Everyone loves socks, whether they want to admit it or not. Socks are cheap, easy, and you can get all kinds of different patterns. If you want to really splurge, fuzzy socks are another option that everyone will love. Socks are generally easy to find and they’re an affordable option if you have lots of people to buy gifts for. You can find lots of choices on Amazon or at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
- Candy: Candy is a great and even cheaper option for a Christmas gift – you can find it at any gas station or convenience store. If you’re feeling fancy, you can find a nice piece of chocolate or some more expensive candy from the mall or Safeway.
- Lip Balm: Lip balm might seem like a “girls only” gift, but no boy will refuse Chapstick in the middle of winter, no matter how manly they think they are. It’s sold in a wide variety of flavors and colors, and you can find it almost anywhere. From Sephora to CVS, you can find cheap and nice-smelling lip balm.
- A random purchase from Amazon: This might seem silly, but anybody will get a good laugh out of a random Amazon gift. They sell so much stuff that it’s not hard to find a cheap, very weird, and slightly useless present for your friend. They’ll appreciate it no matter what strange thing you find for $6 in the depths of Amazon.
- T-shirt: The more out there, the better. Who wouldn’t love a Joe’s Family BBQ/Motocross Race T-shirt? Regardless of whether you choose a nice one you know your friend will appreciate or a totally wacky one, T-shirts are generally inexpensive, comfy, and a good Christmas gift if you just don’t know what to get them. You can find them at any Walmart, Target, or thrift store.
- Blanket: A blanket is a perfect gift for literally anyone – have you met a person who says no to a fuzzy blanket? I don’t think so. Whether you get a more expensive, higher quality blanket or a cheap one, your recipient will love to have another comfy blanket. The more, the better.
You must be logged in to post a comment.